Friday 23 December 2011

Dana, Jagar and Tyke

My beautiful Dana, I had always had German Shepherds and after loosing our Kelly my mam said that a friend had some pups she was giving away.  Dana was certainly a handful and I wish I had digital photo's of her.  Everyday she went to work with me.  It broke my heart when she died of cancer.  The day we buried her the sun was shining and as we drove her body to my parents to put in the garden rain fell for a few seconds, it was like God was crying with me.  Dana welcomed Tyke into the family and she to was lost.  She laid across the back of the sofa and wouldn't eat.  We spent weeks trying to find a puppy and finally Jagar came along.  The first few minutes Tyke was alone with her she tried to eat her but after that they became the best of friends.
Tyke & Jagar
Neither of the Shepherds turned out to be long haired as hoped, they both became heavy coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment